So okay, 2014’s about to happen in two hours in my side of the world and before that happens, I just want to recap my 2013 as far as my public profile is concerned. Of course, there are countless events that are far too personal to mention (or rather, stuff that readers wouldn’t be interested in, anyway) but here’s a quick recap of my simple milestones this year.
This 2013, I…
- Started making book reviews. I’d personally like to thank Michelle Muto for starting this whole thing out. Either by accidental chance or whatever, she randomly found me on twitter and followed me. We started talking about her novel and she gave me a copy afterwards and this novel is something I’d have in me forever. Don’t Fear the Reaper (read my review here) will forever live on within me and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of promoting that novel.
- Started taking blogging more seriously. Through the wonderful world of the internet, I met authors (both aspiring and professional) who eventually became my friends. I’ve made reviews for some of them and some I’ve just casually chatted with via twitter. Despite the distance, I feel so lucky to have them. (Special shout out to Shannon A. Thompson, Michelle Muto, Cyndi Tefft and Eesh! Also, I met someone who’s A LOT LIKE ME. She lives in the opposite side of the world and we’re decades apart but the way we see things are very much alike. I’m so glad to have crossed paths with her.
- Joined NaNoWriMo. I never got to finish on time (but I am still working on the piece!) but I’m glad NaNoWriMo gave me the push I needed to write away the plot I had been storing in my mind for so long. I’m so glad I finally gave life to Samantha Lawrence and Lucian Malliarch.
- Joined so many competitions in school and our class, as a team, achieved so much.
- Fell in love with books and novels again.
- Fell in love with writing again.
I guess that’s about it! It’s been one hell of a year for me, but 2013 was an amazing year indeed. Happy new year to everyone out there!